Re: a graph-widget

 Max> Does somebody build a widget to display curves ? If yes,
 Max> could it be available ? I'm looking for something
 Max> "really basic" but with the possibilities, to easily
 Max> customize it (adding buttons, new submenus, ..), and to
 Max> incorporate it (as any other widget) into any soft.

You may be in luck.  I wrote such a think for SANE.  There is a
gtkcurve that supports arbitrary curves (functions, actually).  There
is also gtkgamma which is built on top of gtkcurve to provide
gamma-correction functionality.  There is a patch/tar-ball at:

	ftp://ftp.azstarnet.com/pub/linux/axp/sane/

See the README.gtk+ in that directory for details.  If you can't get
into the ftp site, try ftp://cage.cs.arizona.edu/pub/davidm/ instead
(yeah, I'm tired of the ftp problems at my ISP myself and am in the
process of moving the SANE home someplace else, but it will take a few
days to do so).

 Max> P.S. What about having a new release of gtk instead of all
 Max> these patches ? Or better, what about having non official
 Max> updated realease and still receiing the patches ?

Huh, I'd second that, but Peter seems to be very busy with his new job
and all.  It would be nice if somebody could collect all useful and
safe (stable?) patches for GTK just like is being done for the GIMP.
I'd volunteer to do so except that I'm graduating myself and therefore
would not make the most reliable maintainer for this.

	--david