[gtk-list] new gtk IRC client (sortof ;)

ANNOUNCING:

tada, proving once again that I can write a parser and a limited amount of
socket code, I've decided to write girc.

I'm horrible at writing emails, but checkout:
http://www.questtek.com/~whois/girc.html

when you get time.  The original goal of the project is to have a *very*
fast IRC client, and consequently, a very fast textbox widget.  If you've
noticed, Windows textbox widgets are about 100 times faster than any
X11 widget set.  We hope to change that with a new textbox (based on
gzilla's gtk_page) that actually works (no offense to the gimp
authors, I know it wasen't your main priority. ;)

luckily, its my co-author, Chris Black's job to write the textbox widget
code.  So I'm just stuck writing interface and IRC backend.

Right now, everything is based on the gtk textbox widget, so window
scrolling doesn't work.  limiting you to about 60 lines of typing before
you have to exit and reload (or find some way to clear the textbox),
scrollbars do attach, but they usually just segfault, and sometimes text
is inserted into the textbox in the wrong place (at the top, rather than
appending to the bottom).

Okay, enough rambling, see the webpage, where there is a two day old
screenshot.  I'm not releasing the code yet, however, I can email a copy
to whoever wants to look at it.

Thanks for listening to me rant, keep up the good work.  ;)

Robert Drake