Re: issue with Devanagari rendering

On 14-01-09 02:19 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Get a non-broken-beyond-repair font.  Ie. remove freesans from your
system.

Hmm.  FreeSans is actively developed, as far as I know.  So why not
contact the author so that he fixes such issues?

The maintainer is in fact CC'ed on this message already.  Recent versions have
fixed a lot, but the version stuck on most Linux distros is beyond repair in
the shaper.

In general, I've found that both GNU freefonts and GNU unifont have a
quantity-over-quality mindset that is quite hurtful IMO.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/