Re: Re: issue with Devanagari rendering

Title: Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

By "rendering", I meant the FT_Bitmap that is created after using pango_ft2_render_layout() API.

I had flushed the bitmap into an image file for viewing the output.

Yes, I am using Unicode character encoding to render the text.  And, you are again correct that this is related to the "input method".

So, a user can type halant, 0x094D, which is invalid without a preceding consonant, but shall nevertheless be rendered.

The output I expect with the string

{0x094D, 0x0930}

is a halant below a dotted circle and a ra,

On further investigation, I found that even this string

{0x094D, 0x0930,0x094D, 0x0930,0x094D, 0x0930}

shows wrong output.

Can you suggest what could possibly be wrong here?

I feel that some change is required in hb-ot-shape-complex-indic.cc.

Thanks and regards,

Parth Kanungo