Gravity Support / pangowin32

Hello everyone. I am interested in getting gravity support to work in
Pango on Windows using the Win32 backend (I haven't tested this using
hte Fc/FT backend on Windows).

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone know where I
would need to start hacking to add support? I don't mind doing the work,
but I truly have no idea where to even start.

In pangowin32-fontmap.c there is a routine:

	pango_win32_font_map_load_font

...and this routine will return a valid PangoFont* UNLESS you have
gravity set. For whatever reason, the current implementation doesn't
understand how to handle the "Rotated-*" style that is added inside the
description when gravity is set.

How does gravity actually work in Pango internally? Do the font files on
disk have to provide some extra hints?

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks beforehand...