Re: Changes in line spacing

Hello again,

we have now narrowed the change down: Somewhere between version 1.28.3 and 1.29.5, pango changes layouts such that line spacing is smaller. In some cases, the layout rectangle is offset by 1 as well. It's clearly pango that is causing the change, since we've pinned other related libraries (such as freetype) to constant versions.

This means that all layouts look significantly different, and we'd appreciate help in finding out how we can achieve consistent layouts over differing pango versions:

- Does any code change come to mind that might have caused this?
- Are there any rules which can tell us _how_ the layout has changed?

If somebody wants to look into this, I can build a minimal reproducer.

Cheers,

  Uli