Re: glyph item split

> On 05/27/11 12:55, august wrote:
> > 	The split_index is said to be: "byte index of position to split item,
> > 	relative to the start of the item"
> >
> > 	Can you explain what this means in more detail?   What is the start
> > 	of the item?  How do I get that?
>
> The item corresponds to a chunk of the text, say, from start to end.  start is
> what you want.  It's recorded in item->offset actually.
>
> So this should work, if everything else is correct:
>
>   Pango.GlyphItem vorn =  glyphitem.split ( text,
> glyphitem.glyphs.log_clusters[gi.end_index] - glyphitem.item.offset)

thanks for the reply.  Can you tell me what happens to the glyphitem and
the gi when I make that split?

The following code goes through a text line by line, run by run, and
glyphitem by glyphitem.  It then tries to split off the first cluster
and continue in the loop.

http://pastebin.com/Ewi3c1UD

Line 79 is where the split happens.   I'm sure this changes the
glyphitemiter somehow, but don't know how to do it so that I can
continue inside that loop.   Any suggestions?

> You may want to check the source code in situations like this.

I couldn't find anything that is doing something similar to what I want.

any help would be appreciated.

many thanks -august.