Re: PangoWarning: failed to choose a font with 'PangoRenderWin32' renderer

On 13 Mar 2011, at 17:40, Andreas Sommer wrote:

In the GTK bundles available on the net, the engines don't have to be listed in the modules file, everything works out of the box. But I tried it anyway, e.g.

"C:/Program Files/Glade 3.7.1/bin/libpangowin32-1.0-0.dll" BasicScriptEngineWin32 PangoEngineShape PangoRenderWin32 common:*

This leads to a NULL pointer read access violation in pango_module_register :P

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in Pango so I don't know all the relevant terminology.  However, in that list I sent you I listed certain modules which (for the sake of identification) I'll call "Scripting Engines".  libpangowin32-1.0-0.dll isn't one of those - which I guess is why you got the access violation.  The listed modules are normally in a subfolder called "modules".  Do you have them?  They should have names like "pango_basic_win32.dll", "pango_basic_fc.dll", "pango_arabic_fc.dll", "pango_hebrew_fc.dll" etc, etc.  I think you'll need "pango_basic_win32.dll" as an absolute minimum.

I actually just had to manually copy the .def file from another directory, for whatever reason. Anyway, I'm getting crazy with compiling glib and so can't even start going for pango.

glib comes with a pre-made project for Visual Studio doesn't it?  Here's where I downloaded mine from:-

When I first started building all this stuff, very few of the libraries came with Visual Studio projects but I think they're slowly being added.  I'm not sure if there's anything for Pango yet but you'd be very welcome to have mine.  It looks like it'll be quite a bit different from your copy though (mine is Pango v1.28.0 - you seemed to be using v1.6.0 according to your email from yesterday).  And on top of that, I'm using VC++8.0, compared to your VC++9.0.  But if all other routes fail, my projects might help to get you started I suppose.

John