Re: PangoWarning: failed to choose a font with 'PangoRenderWin32' renderer

Oh dear, you seem to be having all kinds of problems but do persevere.  It's well worth it when you get it all working.

For the project that I'm working on I've had to build dozens of gnu libraries using VC++.  Glib, GTK+, Pango, Cairo, FontConfig, Freetype.  You name it - I've probably had to build it..!  Let's deal with your pango.modules file first though....  Mine contains a list of about 20-30 entries looking like this:-

# ModulesPath = C:/Program Files/ardour2/lib/pango-1.0\1.28.0\modules
#
"C:/Program Files/ardour2/lib/pango-1.0/1.28.0/modules/pango_basic_win32.DLL" BasicScriptEngineWin32 PangoEngineShape PangoRenderWin32 common:
"C:/Program Files/ardour2/lib/pango-1.0/1.28.0/modules/pango_basic_fc.DLL" BasicScriptEngineFc PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc Latin:* Cyrillic:* Greek:* Armenian:* Georgian:* runic:* ogham:* bopomofo:* Cherokee:* Coptic:* deseret:* ethiopic:* gothic:* han:* hiragana:* katakana:* old-italic:* Canadian-aboriginal:* yi:* braille:* Cypriot:* limbu:* osmanya:* shavian:* linear-b:* ugaritic:* glagolitic:* cuneiform:* Phoenician:* common:
"C:/Program Files/ardour2/lib/pango-1.0/1.28.0/modules/pango_Arabic_fc.DLL" ArabicScriptEngineFc PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc Arabic:* nko:*
"C:/Program Files/ardour2/lib/pango-1.0/1.28.0/modules/pango_arabicng_la.DLL" ArabicScriptEngineLang PangoEngineLang PangoRenderNone Arabic:*
"C:/Program Files/ardour2/lib/pango-1.0/1.28.0/modules/pango_hangul_fc.DLL" HangulScriptEngineFc PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc hangul:*

and loads of other entries for Hebrew and various other languages.  To generate it I just copied the pango.modules file from my Linux machine and edited the paths manually.  Of course, I had to build all the relevant DLLs as well.

Now for your compiler problem:-

>  Do you have any suggestion on this error:
> 1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5):
> warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Projects\glib\build\win32\vs9\Debug\Win32\bin\glib.dll)
> does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value
> (C:\Projects\glib\build\win32\vs9\Debug\Win32\bin\glib-2-vs9.dll). This
> may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please
> make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values
> match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).

It's not a problem I've ever encountered (in fact, I've never even heard of the TargetPath variable) but clearly, $(TargetPath) is supposed to equal $(OutDir)+$(TargetName)+$(TargetExt).  In your case, they don't match.  $(TargetPath) thinks that the output file should be called "glib.dll" whereas your project settings want it to be called "glib-2-vs9.dll".

In the Visual Studio IDE, open your project's settings and go to:-

Properties->Linker->General->Output File

Make a note of the current setting so you can get back to it.  Then (using the drop down options) try changing it to:- <inherit from parent or project defaults>.  Maybe that will solve it.  Otherwise, you might need to experiment with that entry until you can make it match the other one.  If you don't have any success, register at http://www.codeguru.com/forum/ and ask your question on the Visual C++  forum.  Chances are high that you'll have the solution within a few hours.

Lastly, your missing glib.def file.  As I said above, I've had to build a large number of gnu projects recently.  Missing ".def" files were an ongoing problem for me.  Fortunately, as long as you can find a pre-built, current, working DLL you can generate a .def file from it using Microsoft's "dumpbin.exe" utility.  Here's a guide showing how to do it:-

http://www.coderetard.com/2009/01/21/generate-a-lib-from-a-dll-with-visual-studio/

It's relatively simple to do, although a bit tedious.  Basically, the dumpbin utility dumps a list of all the exported functions, together with certain other information that you won't need.  You need to edit the output manually (after first capturing it in a file) and remove all the stuff you don't need.  That article describes it quite well.  Having said that, I'm a bit surprised that glib.def was missing.  I'm sure it was supplied when I built glib.  Maybe you just haven't spotted it.

Regards,

John