Re: Pango runtime warning

On 28 Jan 2011, at 20:55, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> So, you see *any* text?
>
> What does fc-match return?  This warning generally means that pango didn't
> find any fonts.  Is there any other warnings before this?

Hi Behdad.  The app's main text (menu items etc) all looks fine but I don't know if they also use the FontConfig rendering engine.  The app has a gnomecanvas widget, onto which is drawn some text and graphics.  That text looks fine too.  When I click my mouse on the canvas it's supposed to superimpose some popup text (roughly corresponding to the mouse's 'y' co-ordinate) but instead, I see the ugly boxes.  I don't see any other error messages apart from those ones I mentioned a couple of days ago on the FontConfig mailing list.

I'll try the fc-match function tomorrow and let you know what happens.  Thanks.

John