Re: Problems after upgrading to Pango 1.28.3

On 6 Aug 2011, at 17:01, John Emmas wrote:

> A colleague is working on a Mac version of the same app and is using a slightly more recent version of Pango (v1.28.3).  So I was asked to upgrade to the same version, which I did this morning.  Unfortunately, Pango is now crashing very consistently.
>
> [...]
>
> I've tried rebuilidng all the source for Pango, GTK+, libgnomecanvas, the app itself and anything else which could be remotely dependent on Pango but the problem persists.  Anyone got any ideas about this?

Sorry, the problem turned out to be at my end....  :-(

After building each of the Pango DLLs I was copying them to the required target folder.  But one of them wasn't getting copied, so the older version (from 1.28.0) was still getting used.  This mix of old and new versions was causing the crash (basically, because struct _PangoWin32Font has changed between the two versions).  In a way, it's a good thing that it crashed.  Otherwise I might never have noticed the problem!!

John