Pango-WARNING failed to choose a font

Hi,

I got Pango warning when starting up codelite (which depends on Pango) and the fonts on the codelite GUI cannot be displayed properly, they appear as rectangular boxes. Can somebody help?

[root scotland usr]# codelite

(codelite:31432): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='latin'

(codelite:31432): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='common'

--------------------------

See below for OS version

[root scotland usr]# cat /etc/*-release
CentOS release 5.2 (Final)
[root scotland usr]# uname -r
2.6.18-92.el5

Do I need to modify the pangox.aliases?
Do I need to install any fonts?

I am frustrated because there is not much information on the web on how to resolve this problem.

Bill