Re: Indic scripts are talking more vertical space than latin character

So you suggest to find a font which is designed well?
I need a set of fonts. I'll give users options to select font. In that case I think I need to check every font. :(

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Mahesh T. Pai <paivakil gmail com> wrote:
Better late than never!!! :-)

shiplu said on Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 03:25:21PM +0600,:

 > Is there any way that I can tune it?
 > Like I'll detect if its indic script, I'll put some code so that it
 > takes smaller space.

I doubt you will want to do that.

Since most indic scripts have glyph forms / combining
forms which may cause vertical stacking. Since uniform
spacing between lines is desirable, I guess the font
makers have put in too much vertical space for the font.

If a font is taking up too much vertical space, it may be
a problem with the font's design too.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://[paivakil|fizzard].blogspot.com