Re: Private license (non-LGPL) for Pango ??

My guess is no. There are many different contributors to pango (see the AUTHOR file), and I'm one of them. To be able to supply a private license, every contributor with copyrights in the code have to give their concent and you have to come to an agreement with each and everyone of them, or an agent that has been agreed by all the AUTHORs. Since nobody has ever approached me regarding licencing of pango, I conclude that there is no such agent nor has there ever been a private agreement.

Of course this does not prevent you to go through the AUTHOR file and ask all of us whether we agree to supply a private license. But again, this has never been done, so you have no guarantee that there will not be at least one author who is not willing to do so, and then you're stuck.

Note of course that I'm not a lawyer, and the above is only my own interpretation of what you need to do.

Good luck!
Done