Re: go from PangoGlyphItemIter to an index into a PangoLogAttr ?

> > 	The pango docs say that the get_log_attrs function "Retrieves an
> > 	array of logical attributes for each character in the layout. "
> > 	What does character mean in that sentence?
>
> Character means Unicode characters, ie. g_utf8_get_char().

Thanks.  The wording in the docs is less than clear.

And, because there are such things as glyphitemiter.glyph_item.glyphs.glyphs
where there first "glyphs" refers to a glyphstring and the second to a
glyphinfo, it makes me unsure of whether or not wording is used
consistently throughout.  (I'm pretty sure however that a character is
not a movie character :)

My main problem, which I have partially solved, is how to iterate
through a layout (line by line, run by run, and then glyphitem by gitem)
and keep the log_attributes I get from the layout in sync with my
iteration.

I noticed that when I change the set_width() of my layout, the number of
characters in the layout/log_attr array changes.  Why is that?
I was surprised when I found this out...but still don't know how it
changes the character count.  Is there now an extra char in my log_attr
for every line or run or some mixture?  I ran some tests where I
increment my index into the log_attr array for each line or run, but did
not see any regularity.   My solution for now is to not set_width on the
layout.

I've also tried to get an index into the log_attr array using
log_attr[glyphitemiter.glyph_item.glyphs.log_clusters[i]]

where "i" is incremented for every call to next_cluster()

however, this does not work ( at least not when you set_width on the
layout).

Am I seeing this as being more complicated than what it is?

thanks -august.