Re: Creating a new back-end for Pango

On 08/03/2009 01:51 PM, James Hu wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to port Pango to the iPhone. The iPhone doesn't have ATSUI,
but instead uses UIFont, which is a subset of the OS X's Cocoa Text
system. And due to iPhone's memory size restraints, I'm trying to avoid
including Cairo into the mix and draw directly with Core Graphics (which
is what Cairo uses anyways).

Why would you want to use Pango then?

behdad

Do you guys have any pointers on what classes need subclassing, and what
hooks are available in Pango to include a new backend? Any help would be
much appreciated. Thanks!
-James Hu