Re: Win32: Why are symbol fonts not supported?

> Of course, Symbol fonts do not have Unicode mappings, but I don't need
> such a mapping, because I know the glyph indices and can insert them
> directly in a PangoGlyphString.

Hmm, but if Symbol fonts were allowed, there should then be some check
preventing users from trying to use them with normal strings,? Or will
it work out fine if users do that and they will get what they deserve,
i.e. the unknown glyph thingies?

> It would be nice if the restriction could be removed.

File a bug in bugzilla.gnome.org and attach a patch, and some test code.

--tml