Re: [gtk-i18n-list] How to create a PangoXFont object

Hi,

I'm afraid I'm missing the point you ask for...

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:46:35 +0530
"Uma Shankar Ladha" <umashankar ladha gmail com> wrote:
>How to create a PangoXFont object using api's only from libpango.
>pango_x_font_new() is used to create this object, but how is this api
>invoked from libpango.

The problem is that you want to use pango_x_font_new(),
but it is provided by libpangox, not by libpango?

libpango is designed to be independent with font backend,
so we cannot use platform-specific object like PangoXFont.
In fact, PangoXFont structure is defined in pangox.h,
it is not included in other pango header files. Therefore,
libpango cannot know how to handle PangoXFont object at all,
we have to use libpangox.

Regards,
mpsuzuki