Re: Pango 1.6.0 + libgnomeprint 2.8.0 problem: hebrew with punctation?

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 10:15 +0100, Petr Tomasek wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 10:51:48PM +0200, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> > Hi Petr,
>
> Hello Dov!
>
> > I can confirm that such a layout certainly does not use neither
> > OpenType tables nor my Hebrew accent heuristics.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dov
>
> So does it mean printing via gnome-print doesn't use the OT
> hebrew pango module? Or is it possible, that the layout
> got screwed somwhere beetween pango and gnome-print?
> (Note, that on screen, even in the gnome-print preview
> it renders OK).

All the same modules should be used when rendering via gnome-print.
I'm not sure I've tested with the Hebrew shaper, but I've definitely
tested OpenType operation with the indic shaper and gnome-print.

Could it be some bug with the handling of GPOS? I could easily
imagine some bug creeping into the gnome-print/Pango integration
dealing with the interpretation of offsets resulting from
GPOS application.

> Anyway, I filled a bug against gnome-print, is it ok
> or should I fill aditional bug for pango?

Basically, someone is just going to have to dive and debug to figure out
where the problem is. I don't think there is any point in filing two
bugs for one problem.