Re: A bug in pango

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 11:00 -0700, Saravanan wrote:
> Hello,
>     I am using Pango-1.5.2 in my RH9.0 system. I would like to bring to your
> notice a bug in Malayalam rendering (indic module). Pango misplaces the Left
> matras for some specific combinations of Virama(Chandrakala). Pango treats
> all Character combinations having Virama as a single unit. So it places the
> left matra at wrong positions.
>         Eg. Chill character followed by a consonant & then a Matra_pre (_dl
> or split matra) character. Here the Left matra is placed before chill
> character, instead of placing it before the consonant.
>
> My suggestion for the problems is
> 1) If a Char combination has ZWJ(200D)then the Left-matra should be placed
> after it.
>       For eg. In the case of a Chill char followed by a consonant, the left
> matra should be placed after Chill & before the consonant.
> 2) In the case of a Consonant Virama Consonant combinations check whether
> any combination is possible b/w the 2. If no combination exists, then put
> the Left-matra before the socond consonant.
>     I hope the bug will be corrected in the next release.

The way to report for rendering for Pango is:

 - Look first for duplicates in buzilla.gnome.org (Your bug is probably
   #151689, fixed in CVS, and/or #149018)

 - If you don't find it, file a new bug including:

   - The smallest possible test string that reproduces the problem as
     an attachment.

   - Information about what font you are testing with

   - A screenshot of the incorrect rendering

   - An image of what the correct rendering should be

Thanks,