Re: Surrounding info from GtkIMContext with selection

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 02:49:21PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Do we need to extend the interface to allow retrieving
> the actual selected range? I tend to agree that returning, say, the
> logical start of the selection is better than returning the actual
> cursor position, but I don't know if that is sufficient to get all
> desired behaviors.

I agree with this.  In fact, I do have some plan to extend Thai IM to
also double-check with context after cursor for more correctness.
Having info on both ends of selection should be helpful.

> In general, the fact that the selection in GtkTextView is
> anchor => cursor should never be revealed to the user. See bug
> 153205 for a related problem.

I'm using an old, problematic version of iiimf. So, I can't try it.
But the point is similar?

Regards,
-Thep.
--