Q: how to create/view UTF-8 files?

Hi,

I am trying to save and later play back short WAV files with
UTF-8 names. These are translations of English words to
Russian. But every time I try to save a WAV file with Russian
name, gnome sound recorder switches my keyboard back from
Russian to English. Same happens in gnome-terminal - I cannot
rename a file from English to Russian.

Any ideas?

-- Vlad
Vladislav Grinchenko       http://home.comcast.net/~3rdshift/
                                 e-mail: 3rdshift comcast net

      Focus on quality, and productivity will follow.