Re: Eeek! My fonts have the shrinks!

On 10 Sep 2003, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 14:33, Lars Clausen wrote:

>>> What value are you passing for the DPI to that?
>>
>> I was using the fairly arbitrary value of 10, since it didn't seem to
>> affect anything.  Still doesn't, setting it to 100 doesn't change the
>> font size.
>
> Are you sure? (Note that dpi_y is the value that is actually used,
> dpi_x is currently ignored.) Giving a value of 10 would cause
> exactly the sort of problems you were describing.
>
> In pango-1.2.3 the value that would have been used was 75 dpi,
> if you are interested in matching that, but I'd think you'd
> have your own desired value based on maintaining correspondance
> between the screen and printer.
>
> (Since for pango-1.0.x, the dpi value *was* used, I don't consider
> the fact we started using it again any sort of compatibility
> breakage.... it was just a bug in pango-1.2.0 => 1.2.3)

Thanks for the answers!  It seems that either we lost the context that was
created at init time, or we didn't load the fonts correctly.  This may have
something to do with why fonts have been behaving really inconsistently
over time.  Now I'll just have to get everything to work just right.

Thanks,
-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃ¥rdgrim of Numenor