Re: Chinese XIM and GTK+ 2

Kaixo!

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 07:30:16PM -0800, Stefan Baums wrote:
> I have to correct myself: on further experimentation,
> GTK_IM_MODULE does indeed do the trick.  To sum up: using
>
>    export LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.UTF-8
>    export XMODIFIERS= im=Chinput
>    export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim

GTK_IM_MODULE could be avoided but you need to manually set the
input method (right click on an editable area, and choose X input method)

You can also, if you want Chinese support and rule (date, etc) to
set zh_TW.UTF-8 for all LC_* variables, and set LANGUAGE=C to disable
translations of the program interfaces and help.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]