Re: Chinese XIM and GTK+ 2

In the original situation, I do not see any error message, it just
doesn't work.  When I use (as per your suggestion)

   GTK_IM_MODULE=xim gedit

I get the error message

   ** (gedit:2063): WARNING **: Unable to open XIM input method,
      falling back to XLookupString()

on gedit startup, and then of course it doesn't work either.

I am using Debian testing with GTK+ 2 programs from Debian
unstable, but have no way of knowing whether this particular mix
of packages causes the problem.  Hence I would be grateful if
anybody could report his results trying to reproduce my situation
(chinput or xcin or scim / GTK+ programs / the locale situation
described earlier) on his configuration.

Cheers,
Stefan

--
Stefan Baums