Re: gtk+/tests/testtext Doesn't Run

At 12:08 PM 8/20/2002, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Here's what rpm has to say:
>
> [emader doramichan emader]$ rpm -q freetype
> freetype-2.1.2-6
> [emader doramichan emader]$ rpm -q --filesbypkg freetype
> freetype                  /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
> freetype                  /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6.3.1
> freetype                  /usr/lib/libttf.so.2
> freetype                  /usr/lib/libttf.so.2.3.0
>      [the rest of the stuff is in /usr/share/doc and /usr/share/locale]
> [emader doramichan emader]$
>
> Finally, here's what's in config.log:
>
> [emader doramichan pango]$ grep FT_Get_First_Char config.log
> configure:8351: checking for FT_Get_First_Char
> ac_cv_func_FT_Get_First_Char=yes
> [emader doramichan pango]$

Ah, maybe you compiled fontconfig *before* you upgraded freetype
so it didn't know to use FT_Get_First_Char?

Yes, that was the problem! I had to do a "make clean" first to get fontconfig to re-compile though. When I originally updated freetype, I didn't do the "make clean," and nothing re-compiled. Looks like the dependances need some work...

Regards,
Eric