Re: More Pango/GTK+ Build Problems

At 02:00 PM 8/9/2002, Eric Mader wrote:

At 10:42 AM 8/9/2002, Eric Mader wrote:
Because of this, I'm guessing that the problem has to do with the order of the arguments to pkg-config. I'll try that change and report the result back.

I changed the order to be "pangox pangoxft" and the build seems to be working. (it's still running, but has gone way past the error I was getting :-)

That was on RH 7.2, and it did build. (Can't test it because it's on a remote system and I can't access it w/ my X-server) The RH 7.3 system didn't build with that change; it required the arguments in the other order, i.e. "pangoxft pangox" Don't know why exactly this should be...

I am running pkg-config 0.10.0 on the 7.2 system and 0.12.0 on the 7.3 system so perhaps it's a version problem... On the other hand, the 7.3 system also has a copy of pkg-config 0.8.0, and that seems to behave the same way as pkg-config 0.12.0 which leads me to believe that something else is controlling the final order of the options... Anybody have any clue what's going on here?

To my surprise, this turned out to be a version problem after all. I installed version 0.12.0 on the RH 7.2 system, and it has the same behavior as it does on the 7.3 system. (I suppose that this shouldn't have surprised me ;-)

Looking at the versions of pkg-config, it seems that they were working on a bug that had to do with link flag order that started w/ version 0.10.0; I guess it also related to compile flag order...

I suggest that we change the build scripts to require version 0.12.0 of pkgconfig.

Regards,
Eric Mader