Re: More Pango/GTK+ Build Problems

At 10:42 AM 8/9/2002, Eric Mader wrote:
Because of this, I'm guessing that the problem has to do with the order of the arguments to pkg-config. I'll try that change and report the result back.

I changed the order to be "pangox pangoxft" and the build seems to be working. (it's still running, but has gone way past the error I was getting :-)

That was on RH 7.2, and it did build. (Can't test it because it's on a remote system and I can't access it w/ my X-server) The RH 7.3 system didn't build with that change; it required the arguments in the other order, i.e. "pangoxft pangox" Don't know why exactly this should be...

I am running pkg-config 0.10.0 on the 7.2 system and 0.12.0 on the 7.3 system so perhaps it's a version problem... On the other hand, the 7.3 system also has a copy of pkg-config 0.8.0, and that seems to behave the same way as pkg-config 0.12.0 which leads me to believe that something else is controlling the final order of the options... Anybody have any clue what's going on here?

Regards,
Eric Mader