Re: Pango 1.0.1 Compilation failure - pangxft-font.c

Hi,

> The problem is that Slackware has broken freetype headers. It has the
> freetype1 headers in

>  /usr/X11R6/include/freetype

> and the freetype2 headers in

>  /usr/include/freetype2/freetype

> or something like that, so that an include like "freetype/freetype.h"
> is ambiguous. (The freetype1 headers should be in
> include/freetype1/freetype)

     Thanks for that - it wasn't quite the way you suggested, however,
because freetype headers were BOTH in /usr/X11R6/include as

    freetype/...      and

     freetype2/freetype/...

     I now have them in

     /usr/include/freetype1/freetype       and

    /usr/include/freetype2/freetype

     I do note, however, that configure still complains the the version of
freetype is not version 2 - and the eventual make file still refers to

     -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2

     Again my heartfelt thanks - your help much appreciated!

                Regards

                        Keith Hopper

--
Keith Hopper