Re: Adding context to GtkIMContextIM

    Theppitak> It's fantastic that this idea is actually realized. In fact, it
    Theppitak> was also one of our discussed alternatives. But we deferred it
    Theppitak> because it can't be generalized to cover all stty settings of X
    Theppitak> terminal emulators.  (Note that we're talking about XIM.)

    Theppitak> Regarding your jmutt demo, I'm interested in testing the
    Theppitak> idea. But I'm not successful in setting Thai font for the
    Theppitak> applet yet. Would you have some suggestions?

I don't have permission to give the source out at the moment, but I can make
the .class files and fonts available:

   http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/JMUTT/jmutt-bin.tar.gz

The file is big because of the bitmap fonts it uses.

    Theppitak> And, regarding the input method rules, I think it's still too
    Theppitak> exhaustive to list all character combinations. The rules for
    Theppitak> Thai may end up in several megabytes and being hard to
    Theppitak> maintain. So, is it possible to write the rules as patterns of
    Theppitak> "character classes" instead (like flex rule, maybe)?

Ahh.  I now understand what you meant.  Yes.  Adding all the possible
combinations would make the input method too big.

The answer is indeed something like Graphite or the context analysis engine I
never quite finished (http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/contextnew.pdf).  They
allow grouping characters into classes and applying rules to whole classes.
Mark Leisher                           Rights surrendered are not easily
Computing Research Lab                 regained, and a police state is not
New Mexico State University            worth defending.
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL                     -- Patrick O'Grady
Las Cruces, NM  88003