Re: Standard Hebrew Keyboard Layout

Indeed I forgot to draw the slash, semicolon, and apestrophe in my
keyboard. I'll fix it.

About the layout, I just started from the top left of the keyboard
and put all nikud characters one at a time. Nothing more complicated
than that. Probably I should have left shifted slash and shifted
apostrophe without nikud though. As far as I understand these are all
the nikkud. There are no more defined in Unicode. There are the Teamim
though, and I guess we just need a third layout for these.

[I realized that here are several interesting problems with Nikkud. E.g.
How do you enter the Holam on the VAV? If you do VAV-HOLAM then you
can't support the proper layout for a word like MITSVA in which the
Cholam should be between the VAV and the HE. Thus it seems like the
proper way is to enter HOLAM-VAV, and the HOLAM becomes a modifier of
the previous character... Does anyone know how this problem is solved
in other systems?]

I am planning to do the following addition as well:

     Z  LRM
     X  RLM
     C  PDF
     V  LRO
     B  RLO
     N  LRE
     M  RLE

The real problem is not what key to use in order to enter these, but
how to erase them, once you input them. Trying to move in visual mode
and find the RLM to erase is quite mind boggling...

Regards,
Dov