Re: Standard Hebrew Keyboard Layout

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 dov imagic weizmann ac il wrote:

> The slash and the semicolon are in the layout. I thought that on
> top of W is apostrophe.

Apostrophe indeed. The hebrew layout does not have a backtick (one
character had to be dropped, and the backtick was chosen).

> I guess that I should go into windows
> and see how it uses the keyboard. In any case, I'll be happy
> to receive patches to my keyboard map.
>
> About standards, the map at:
>
>   http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/Hebrew/hebrew.xkbmap

Looks OK to me.

[ A bit off-topic for this list ]

Dov: did you have any special considerations in the placement of different
Nikud characters?

What about other characters such as bidi control characters, and less
frequently-used Nikud characters?