Re: Re: Re: Bidirectional Bugs in Hebrew (fwd)

Kaixo!

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 05:08:36PM +0200, Uri David Akavia wrote:

> >The idea is that you leave the minus for math (perhaps you also leave it
> > mapped on the keypad) and use hyphen where a hyphen is used:
>
> Excuse me, but using hyphen does not solve the problem. How do I choose one
> time to use hyphen and one time to use minus?

You write words: use hyphen; you write numbers (negative numbers, or equations)
use a minus.

> You mentioned that Xfree 4 will have he symbols file. Won't that mean that
> the default language will be hebrew? In order to switch languages you will
> still need to load a file with xbcomp.

No, the Hebrew (and any other non-latin script) keyboard is a dual mode one;
where you can switch between latin and hebrew with only one key.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975