Pango RPMS question was Re: Pango status, arabic support

 I got the rpms installed and launched the testgtk to look at some
arabic text displayed and maybe use testtext to write some arabic
text.

 However, the only fonts I got installed for arabic are the ones that
come with Axmedit from the great Langbox International folks.

 And it seems those don't work since I can see hebrew text but no
arabic text. Hebrew fonts come with stock RedHat, but no arabic fonts.
Can someone give a pointer to fonts preferably in rpm format that I
can install so as to use pango for some arabic testing?

On 6/12/00, 7:27:17 PM, Pablo Saratxaga <pablo@mandrakesoft.com> wrote
regarding Re: Pango status, arabic support:

http://www.gnome.org/;
> they are in rpm format compiled for Linux/i386. Note however that, as
often
> with projects in heavy development, some things can improve or broke
from
> one version to the other; and you may in some cases want to experiment
with
> the latest sources from CVS (in gtk-pango branch of gtk+ module)

> I have, however, one question: which encoding should be used for the
po files?
> There is some people voluntering to translate the po file of Gtk+ to
Arabic;
> should it be done in utf-8 or iso-8859-6 ?
> And what about existing po files, must they be converted to utf-8
before
> release of gtk+ 1.4 ?

> Thank you.

> --