Re: sgml-id / xml-id and namespaces

Il giorno Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:23:28 +0100
David Nečas <yeti physics muni cz> ha scritto:
> So you suggest to write #GtkWidget to link to the section and
> #GtkWidget-with-some-suffix-or-prefix to the struct, but the XML ids
> being exactly opposite, i.e GtkWidget-compilicated for sections and
> GtkWidget for the struct?  Does it makes sense?

No, it doesn't. This is why I'm proposing to introduce a new tag for
section linking. Consider the inverse case: you have a single section
describing a bunch of related types. You'll end up writing tons of
GtkWidget-suffix/prefix anyway.

The best solution, in my opinion, would be to have three different
tags: one to explicitely link a section, one to explicitely link a
type definition and one to link a section that automatically fallbacks
to the type definition when the section is not found (to be used by
default). I don't know if this is applicable, though.

Ciao.
--
Nicola