Re: linkification warnings

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 10:17:20PM +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
> > 2) What is the expected behaviour of the link validity checking for
> > functions?  I was happy to get no bogus warnings after the last tweaks.
> > But then I realized I get no warnings for function links at all.  Is it
> > right?
>
> from gtkdoc-fixxref.
>         # if its a function, don't warn if it does not contain a "_"
>         # - gnome coding style would use '_'
>         # - will avoid wrong warnings for ansi c functions
>
> if that is not the case it would be good to add that to the test suite and
> figure whats wrong.

It is not the case.  I have always at least two nonexistent functions in
the docs, gwy_foo_duplicate() and gwy_foo_asign(), and they don't
produce warnings any more.  They are linkified in XML to nonexistent
targets, but no warning is generated when HTML is created.

I haven't looked at the code yet, but the target id contains *dashes*
in place of underscores.  So if you indeed check for underscores, all
functions will satisfy the first condition.

If it isn't so, I'll try to create a minimal test case.

Yeti