Re: possible to adjust column widths of api listings?

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 01:02 -0400, Philip Kovacs wrote:
> I just installed gtk-doc 1.6 and have a quick question.
>
> Many of my function names are quite long and the tabular api listings
> produced
> by gtk-doc wrap the parameter lists down to the next line for column
> alignment.
>
> Is is possible to control the table column widths at all?
>
> void          some_ridicuously_long_function_name_goes_here
>
> (parameter1, ...)    // line wrap for colume alignment!
>

> I want to pull the parameter list up and move that column over to the right.

I'm afraid there aren't options to do that at present.
But I agree that the current function declaration layout is a bit ugly.

Maybe we should switch to using some form of HTML for the layout, rather
than preformatted text. If someone wants to take a look at what other
API docs use, and see what the best solution is, that would be helpful.

Damon