Re: approval for changes

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 15:57 +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:

> I have a local change that revers the changes to devhelp.xsl and instead has
> devhelp2.xsl which produces the new format in parallel.
> I've also adjusted the autofoo and gtkdoc.mak to know about this new file.
> Okay to commit that change too?

Yes, I think it is best to ship both for now.

> I've been working on the manual recently too and came up with some questions:
> * should the title inside the section doc-comments not always override the one
>    from the section file?

Yes, I think stuff in the source code should have the highest priority.
Is that not the case now?

> * is 'Stabillity' only in sections or for symbols too?

It can be used for all symbols. There is also a --default-stability
option to gtkdoc-mkdb to set the default for the entire package.

> * are 'Deprecated' and 'Since' only for symbols or can they be used on whole
>    sections too?

I think they are only for individual symbols.

Damon