unit tests for gtk-doc

hi all,

I have locally added unit-tests for gtk-doc. The idea is that one can do 'make check' to see if gtk-doc works fine before releasing. It basically work, but I am not 100% pleased with *how* it works right now.

What have I done?

I've added a tests directory which contains:

docs/
  Makefile.am
src/
  Makefile.am
  tester.c tester.h
Makefile.am
gtkdoctest.sh

The files in src are a non-sense library containing a gobject. The aim is to have all sorts of function, macros, enum, signal ... here. This project would also serve as a sort of reference for how docs comments should look like.

Configure checks if glib/gobject is available. If not no tests are built.

If tests are build, the test library and docs are build during 'make'.
'make check' right now only tests that coverage is 100% and unused.txt is empty.

This brings us straight to the TODO list. I appreaciate ideas ;)

* Make install also installs the test docs.
  This could only be worked around, by using a special gtkdoc.mak
* I'd like to redirect all output of doc-building steps to log.files
  so that 'make check' can grep them.
  This again can be made by using a special version of gtkdoc.mak

Having a special gtkdoc.mak for the tests is not so nice, as we need to keep them in sync. So what do you think?

I've put a snapshot of the files under:
http://www.buzztard.org/files/gtk-doc.tar.gz

Stefan