Re: allow for additional root types
- From: Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de>
- To: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- Cc: gtk-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: allow for additional root types
- Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:50:00 +0100
Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 21:07 +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:
yes! another mail ;)
The object hierarchy currently only has G_OBJECT and G_INTERFACE for the root
types (see gtkdoc-scangobj:768).
This is usually sufficient, but bad, when a library has another root type.
E.g. GSteamer introduces GST_MINI_OBJECT - a lightweight G_OBJECT alike type.
It would be cool to allow something like
--base-types="G_OBJECT,G_INTERFACE,GST_MINI_OBJECT" as part of SCANGOBJ_OPTIONS
(in Makefile.am) to override the defaults.
If it sounds good, I post a patch.
It might be good enough to just use all the fundamental types listed in
the types file as tree roots, but an explicit commandline option won't
wonderful idea! patch is in:
] [Thread Prev