Re: Error during jhbuild - could not find DocBook XSL Stylesheets in XML catalog

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 06:10:11PM -0600, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 11:23:39AM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> > On 08/02/04 08:13, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> <snip>>
> > >This bug report contains more information:
> > >
> > > http://bugs.debian.org/230562
> > >
> <snip>
> >
> > Sounds like the Debian maintainer is right here.  It looks like xsltproc
> > uses xmlCatalogResolveURI() to load the catalog, but there is no way to

  that's normal.

> > use the "xmlcatalog" utility to check to make sure a URI map exists in
> > the catalog.  I'm CC'ing DV, in case he has any comments.
>
> I don't know whether the Debian maintainer is right, but he did upload
> a new docbook-xsl .deb with system rewrites added.

  I will note that the XML spec says that a system identifier is an
URI-Reference. The fact that the XML catalog people forced a separation
of handling of URI-Reference lookup for System Identifier is something I
objected publicly stating it would generate much confusion. Apparently
I was right :-\

The suggestion to add a way to test for URI specific resolution for
xmlcatalog could be added to libxml2 bugzilla.

Daniel