Re: Error during jhbuild - could not find DocBook XSL Stylesheets in XML catalog

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 04:04:17PM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> On 4/02/2004 1:19 PM, Daniel Cardenas wrote:
>
> >Hi Everyone,
> >
> >When trying to get the gnome 2.5 environment up using jhbuild I
> >receive the following error:
> >
> >configure: error: could not find DocBook XSL Stylesheets in XML catalog
> >
> >Is there an easy fix for this problem?  Is this a bug?  I'm using
> >debian unstable.  Is there a better newsgroup to post this type of
> >problem to?
>
> Did you check the README file in the gtk-doc module?

I've run into the same problem. Debian now has an xml catalog provided
by the package xml-core, so the README needs an update.

Running the command in the configure script gives this:

  No entry for SYSTEM http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/chunk.xsl

This bug report contains more information:

  http://bugs.debian.org/230562

If the Debian maintainer is correct, then I think a change is
needed in xmlcatalog.c around lines 545-555. Something like:

(starting at line 548)

    if (ans == NULL) {
        printf ("No entry for SYSTEM %s\n", argv[i]);
        ans = xmlCatalogResolveURI ((const xmlChar *) argv[i]);
        if (ans == NULL) {
            printf ("No entry for URI %s\n", argv[i]);
            exit_value = 4;
        } else {
            printf ("%s\n", (char *) ans);
            xmlFree (ans);