Re: New release?

Matthias Clasen wrote:

On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 13:40, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
As has just been pointed out to me on another list, we can't use the XML
version for API docs at the moment, since the released versions of
gtk-doc do not support it. The last release was back in January.

Would it be reasonable to push an 0.10 version out of the aeroplane
sometime soon? Things seem pretty stable at the moment (although I
haven't tested the "since..." patch much).

The since patch has not been committed, since some people prefer to have
that information in the source docs. My plan is to add support for
Since: and Deprecated: prefixes at some point. But for that, the ad-hoc
parsing of source doc comments has to be refactored a bit.

The last time I asked about doing 0.10, James said he would like to get
a revamped look-and-feel in before, but nothing seems to have happened
on that front since then.
James, whats up with this ? Why don't you just commit your revamped
look-and-feel for the XML backend. I can try to adjust the DSSSL
accordingly if you think it is necessary to keep the same look for both
backends.
Okay. I will do that later on tonight. I have put up a sample of the new style output at:
   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/files/libglade-docs/

This is a straight port of the stylesheets I did for my Python docs. The uneven border problem that some people reported has been fixed (it was due to me specifying the border width in points -- mozilla would choose 1 pixel for some sides and 2 pixels for others on some people's screens ...)

There are a few other devhelp related changes I would like to make (Hallski has been changing how devhelp books are structured slightly), but that can easily wait til after the release.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.