Re: Documentation coverage patch.

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 07:38:02PM -0400, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> Joakim Ziegler wrote:

>>> I'd prefer it if it didn't output $MODULE-symbols.txt by default, unless
>>> there is a good reason. Maybe add a command-line option for that.

>> The only good reason I can see is that this is intended to be run
>> automatically on the web server to generate a web page with the overview.
>> This means it's run from the makefiles, which again means that every module
>> that we monitor in this way needs to have its makefiles patched to support
>> this option (unless I'm missing something fundamental here). That makes
>> deploying this page a lot more work. I don't know if that's a convincing
>> arugment or not.

> $MODULE-symbols.txt is just a long list of symbols, though, isn't it?
> What was the web server going to do with them?

Oh yes, sorry, I misread you. Indeed, this isn't terribly useful, unless we
want to actually list symbols on some webpage (which doesn't seem too useful
to me). I can make that an option, yes. Expect to have the patch with the
suggested changes in an hour or so.

--
   Joakim Ziegler - Ximian Web Monkey - joakim ximian com - Radagast IRC
 FIX sysop - Free Software Coder - Writer - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer