Re: An alternative to gdk-pixbuf

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 09:47:33 +0100
John Emmas <john creativepost co uk> wrote:

Sorry, I haven't been following this conversation but as a
side-issue... I only noticed this morning that gdk-pixbuf doesn't
seem to be able to load TIF images any more.  I've attached a small
file that won't load but I haven't managed to load any TIF image from
the ones I've tested this morning.

If someone's got a few spare minutes, could they try loading the
attached image using 'gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file()' and just let me
know if it works?  I'm sure this always worked for me in the
past... :-(

The loader hasn't been removed from gdk-pixbuf so it should work. What
you can do to trouble shoot is to run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders and see
if the TIFF loader is included. You may notice some information about
the it and why it can't load. Some mismatch in versions of libtiff
could for example be a reason. Otherwise you should probably file a bug
report with more information (perhaps to your distribution firstly).