g_test_trap_assert_stderr pattern

Hello,

I need to match a literal '*' in my tests using g_test_trap_assert_stderr, but GLib's glob-style pattern matching does not support escaping wildcards. There are 3 immediately visible solutions:

1. Make test_trap_last_stderr accessible to the user in some way

2. Use regex instead of glob-style patterns in g_test_trap_assertions. So instead of calling g_pattern_match_simple, we call g_regex_match_simple.

3. Allow escaping wildcards in glob-style patterns

I searched around but could not find any rationale for disallowing escapes in glob-style patterns. I was wondering if any of the above sounded feasible, and what caveats each may entail.