Re: gtk on windows 10

Yes Daniel I think that Gtk3 is better in many ways, I didn't intend to advise Gtk2 over Gtk3

Luca

On 11 March 2018 at 12:00, <gtk-devel-list-request@gnome.org> wrote:
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 15:19:06 +0100
From: Luca Bacci <luca bacci982 gmail com>
To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: gtk on windows 10

 Hi Kasper,

As Allin said, you can get really good results if you stick with Gtk2 and
use MS-Windows theme and libwimp.dll engine.

You can get results that *some* people might think *look* "really good". That aside, I don't think advising sticking with GTK+ 2 makes for good advice.

Why not, instead, get someone interested in using a modern version of the toolkit - perhaps even enough that they will look into maintaining a theming engine that will provide what they want?

Fwiw, I do use GTK+ on Windows semi-frequently, but (A) I'm probably a minority there and (B) I actually *like* that it has its own theme, so I don't have to make theming changes targeting 2 different look-and-feels. I wonder if these 2 points aren't part of the reason that Windows-style theming has apparently fallen by the wayside a little.