Re: Combined search and combobox?

On 07/27/2018 12:15 AM, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for! I didn't realize that a combobox can be attached to a model, and that a model can be filtered.
Gtk models are powerful, but with great power comes great complexity ;)

Imo multiple partial string match should be default behavior, which it is unfortunately not. E.g. inkscape only matches in the beginning of the string.
Agreed.

Is there a GNOME guide line about this?
Not that I have seen in my travels using Gtk.

I came up with this tool out of necessity for my accounting/small business system. I never gave it a thought somebody else would find it useful until your post to this mailing list. When you posted, I thought you might find this interesting. So would this be useful to a wider audience? I don't know if the Gtk devs would consider making a special combo with this feature, as it seems so easy to setup. After you know how :)

Glad to be of help,
Reuben