Re: G_UTF8String: Boxed Type Proposal

Frankly, the use of the term "character" when referring to a "UTF-8 encoded Unicode code point" was for me a source of confusion when I leapt to the conclusion of the unmet need of a UTF-8-length-aware wrapped string type - be it called "G_UTF8String" or "GUString".

I recommend that all Glib documentation be rewritten such that throughout all descriptions of g_utf8_*() functions, the parlance "character" be replaced with "UTF-8 code point sequence" or equivalent terminology.

Thank you.