Re: elementary would like to participate :)

On Sun, 2015-11-08 at 20:24 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Daniel Foré <daniel elementaryos org>
wrote:
Hey folks,

Sri and Matthias pointed us here. Basically the idea is we want to
start a discussion about how elementary can be more involved in
Gtk+ development and Sri thought a good place to start would be to
try getting some of our Granite widgets into Gtk+. I think I know
someone who would be interested in porting widgets and getting them
into upstream. I guess the big question is what you all find most
interesting.

Hey, thanks for coming in here. The tab bar widget is one that has
been on the GNOME designer wishlist for a long time too.
It is certainly the most complex widget on your list, but also the
most interesting one from my perspective.
I think there were some people (Carlos ?) who said they would take
this on, but so far nothing has materialized.
Using your implementation as a starting point would be great.

The "Storage" widget is pretty naff. Have you seen the "Segmented bar"
used in Rhythmbox (in C), Banshee (in C#) and probably other places?

Build rhythmbox, and you'll see a test widget in:
widgets/test-rb-segmented-bar

It's non-trivial, but there would be very few users for it. A good
cut'n'paste widget?

Cheers